Saturday, January 12, 2013

Time to Get Back Into the Swing of It!!!

I can't believe it has been over a year since I have posted.  There were multiple reasons I was unable to post, but once they got fixed there were the excuses.  I have followed some of my fellow bloggers in their awareness for Alzheimer's, but have been very busy with life itself and haven't been able to keep up as much as I would like.

Over the past year two of my cousins and my aunt have passed away from Early On-Set Alzheimer's, many are still struggling, and many are still participating in the research and are raising awareness.  I am so proud of them all.

I was interviewed by an author about a book she is writing about Alzheimer's, and she has spent a lot of time with family members and talked with most of us about our own experiences with the disease.  I can't wait to see the finished product. ( I will post details at a later time)

My sister and I are planning on participating in the research in Pittsburgh that the DeMoe family has been doing for many years now.  We are planning to go in March of this year.  We are still working out the details of this, but have decided we should go together and help with this great study.  That stirs up a roller coaster of emotions, but it has to be done for our future and the futures of the DeMoe family members.
I am very hopeful for the study because there are so many new discoveries and drugs they have found that weren't available when my dad was battling this disease.

I have found many groups that are helping others with Familial Early On-set that I would like to recognize, but will make a dedicated post for them.  I am so grateful for the people that recognize how rare this disease is and how much support they give.

I will post again soon.  I just wanted to let you all know I am back on board.  It is hard to find the time these days to get away to concentrate and write but I will.

Thank you to all that have checked in and kept me going and encouraged me to continue on my journey.


2 comments:

  1. Sheryl your posts are amazing I am so glad Michael sent me the link. You and your family are so wonderful and I am really proud of you and Sherry for doing the testing I know how difficult it had to be to make that decision and I applaud your efforts in this fight. We love ya and we will always be here for you to help in any way that we can. Please dont hesitate to call on us for anything.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you will be coming to Pittsburgh! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in person. Your family is truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete