Thursday, September 1, 2011

Walk to End Alzheimer's a success

Here is our team from the 2011 Walk to End Alzheimer's in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  There are a few more that aren't in the picture.  It was so much fun, and there were so many people that came to walk and show their support.  I am so happy to have been apart of this great fundraiser.  I am already looking forward to next year, and hopefully get more members to walk with us.  I just hope it isn't as hot next year.  wooo!!  Even at 9:30 A.M. is was a scorcher.  Good ol' Oklahoma!
I can not Thank You enough to all of you that came, to those that donated, and even the ones of you that couldn't do either, but verbally gave us your support. 

This is the Memory Garden.  We could write a message on the pedals, whatever we wanted, and while we were walking the staff "planted" our pinwheel flowers.  It was so pretty. Although the wind only caught the wheels a few times, when it did it was beautiful.
The yellow ones stood for caregivers, the blue were for those suffering with Alzheimer's, and the purple were for In Memory Of the loved ones already gone.


   This is the back of our shirts.  DeMoe because that is why we are walking and #40, because it was my dad's football number in high school.  My son and husband had to miss the walk because my son had his first football game of the season.  I knew he would appreciate having something to do with football and his J-pa.  (He is a very sentimental child, and adores everything that my dad was about.  That in its self is a different story that I will post later.)

This is the front.  I saw this design on a different shirt and loved the meaning.  Hope, always there.  Love, because we all love. And Cure, because there needs to be one for this disease.


Our neighbor, and friend, made these shirts.  It was a very last minute idea, and next year I am going to have many made to supply everyone that wants to come walk for our team.  He did a terrific job!  If anyone wants this design, or any other shirt, you can contact him,
brandon@ndnartmarket.com
He graciously made these last minute for us, and gave us a huge discount because it was for this cause.  

No comments:

Post a Comment